Thursday 1 March 2012

Safegurding and PHSE

This week in EPGP700 we have been studying Safeguarding in more detail. I found the lecture on Safeguarding to be very informative, and it helped me put my role as a teacher into perspective. It seems apparent to me now that there is a danger of teachers becoming so involved with target setting and inspections that they lose sight of what really matters- the children. If we are focussing too much on our own teaching we may not spot the signs of abuse within our classroom. The guest lecturer spoke a lot about what to do if you spot the signs and taking accountability, however we have not had any training on what the signs are. PHSE was a revelation today as it covered these signs in detail for us, we were shown policies which actually had the signs laid out in black and white for us. I have printed this out and put in my file as I have not come across a safeguarding policy which has done this for me yet.

http://www.dscb.info/children-and-young-people/

No comments:

Post a Comment