Thursday 1 March 2012

BEES2 Placement

We have just found out our final placements and I am very excited! I have been put with reception/year one which is exactly what I need. I am apprehensive as I do not have as much phonics experience as I would like, but that is exactly why it is the perfect placement for me. My comfort zone is definitely within Key stage 2 at the moment as that is where I have been placed previously, so BEES2 will hopefully mould me into a well-rounded teacher.
In preparation for the placement I have read the Ofsted report and it sounds like an ethos I can relate to. Their belief system is based around the individual needs of a child and their success in this area is evident from the support from the parents. Now that I know where I am placed I am able to do some research about the school and the curriculum that I will be teaching.
It is the subject knowledge that I will be really focussing on before I start the placement as I want to be more secure when I come to plan my lessons. (Q14-Q15). In particular I want to become more acquainted with the EYFS curriculum as I have had limited experience of this in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment